Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Holiday Report

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas spending time with family, eating great food and hopefully opening a few great gifts. I have been busy playing with all the new toys I got - I'm coming to you live from a new computer and I've also been reading non stop with a new Ereader. Santa was definitely good to me this year. There has been a lot of lounging and relaxing and not enough sewing so it's time to get back into the swing of things.

I want to do something different today. One of my favourite Christmas presents this year was a gift certificate to a fabric store. I've already been o use it and I wanted to show you guys what I got. The gift certificate was for $50 and as you can see that went a long way.


I couldn't help but get a couple quirky prints. I'm thinking the star satin blend for the Sencha Blouse and maybe the knit flowers in a Renfrew Top from Sewaholic.


I love the coral/orangey color of these fabrics. The first one, a polka dot chiffon I thought would be perfect for an intimate take on Cinnamon. The stripe cotton I thought would make a great Ginger.


Lastly, another polka dot. This is a very delicate and sheer cotton but I thought, with a lining, it will make the perfect Peony.

So now that we've had our holiday rest we have to snap back into our regular routines and for me, that's sewing. I hope you've all been enjoying the Ceylon Sew-Along and have made good progress with your dresses. There will be a new post with pictures and a new to-do list in the days to come.

Finally I wanted to ask a question to any reader who has made the Lady Grey coat. I had what I think was a brilliant idea the other day for my coat when I go to sew it, I want to use a vintage Hudson's Bay blanket I have as the fabric. My blanket has  couple of small holes in it but it is a King size and I think it would make a great Lady Grey.


My question is, is the fabric of the blanket too thick to use? I know the pattern calls for a more medium weight wool but I have my heart set on this idea now. If any of you have any advice please let me know!

That's all I have for this Boxin Day, see you soon everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment