Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Ceylon Sew-Along Day 1 Complete

Hey everyone, so I hope your darts and gathers are coming along nicely. I have finished mine and have a few photos to show you but I must warn you: they are terrible! I couldn't beat the clock and get everything finished before sun down but I really wanted to show as much progress as possible for this project, so I was forced to take pictures using god-awful ceiling light. I hope you can forgive me!



They are nearly invisible, but here are the sewn darts at the Back Yoke D and Midriff Back F.

Here are the gathers at the Bodice Back B.


Here we have the gathers on both Bodice Front A pieces.


Here is one Skirt Front G piece with gathers complete.



So we have finished the first part of the Ceylon Sew-Along. Our next tasks are going to be:
  • Attaching the Midriff Front E to the Bodice Front A
  • Attaching the Midriff Back F to the Bodice Back B
  • Stitch Back Skirt H together at center seam
  • Join Skirt Front
  • Join Skirt Back

I know this list is a little heftier than day one but I know we can do it! So good luck and happy sewing and I will see you back here soon with updates on day two!


No comments:

Post a Comment