Monday, November 26, 2012

Project Six - Anise

I've been leading up to Anise for a week now and there's only 5 days left in November to get it done. I ended up making two muslins, one in a smaller size than I normally sew (which turned out to be to small) and one in the usual size and no pattern adjustments, that one worked out ok so I'm sticking with that for the project.

Originally, I was going to be boring, or classic depending on how you look at it, and buy black wool for the jacket. I want something that will go with everything. Then I got out my winter hats and neither of them go with black, so then I thought navy.


 I went to the fabric store and all I could find was this $35 a yard navy cashmere that was beautiful but way out of my price range. Tut. Just as I was leaving, I saw this choppy hounds tooth wool in navy and white for only $12 a yard, I thought it was perfect. I hadn't left the store for more than two minutes when I realised "what was I thinking?", this is going to go with nothing, nothing except my hats. Oh well, it's a great fabric and I think it will look great in an Anise, I'll find stuff to wear with it.


I am a bit further back than I'd like to be at this point, but we all know what the weeks surrounding the holidays can be like. I have my pattern rearing to go and my plan of attack for today is to prep my fabric and cut my pieces. If I finish at a reasonable time, I may also sew the darts and shoulder seams on the outer shell.  An easy enough day. Tomorrow is the hard one, but more on that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment