Friday, November 9, 2012

Inspiration - Marie Antoinette

I love, love, LOVE Sofia Coppola movies, the few that there are. Visually, they are so soft and feminine and filled with pretty pastels. I took a break from sewing yesterday and watched my favorite Sofia Coppola movie, Marie Antoinette. This one takes the cake, quite literally, as the most lavish and decadently rich in color. From the amazing costumes, hair and make-up, to the incredible, over the top mix of pattern, texture and color of the decor, it's really hard not to get inspired by this film.


Being half way through my first month of sewing projects, I have already started to plan out my next round of patterns based on what's been inspiring me. I obviously haven't finalized anything yet for we are still a few weeks away, but I am thinking it is going to be full of pretty dresses in colors and patterns inspired by Marie Antoinette. I can tell you for sure that I will be doing Ceylon, Peony and Cinnamon, and hopefully I will find some great, feminine fabrics to make them with.

So that's all I have for now, just wanted to share a little of my excitement with you. Please feel free to share what inspires you or any ideas you may have about the way the project is going, the feedback that I have been getting is great, keep it coming. Have a great weekend everyone and I will see you back here Monday for Pastille!

No comments:

Post a Comment